Monday 3 December 2012

P U M E Z A M K H O N Z A -Collection 2012

After a years long hard work I've finally completed and exhibited my B tech final collection and i'm sooooooooooo proud to say that i have  completed my degree..ooooooooooohweee now sista girl is ion that job hustle..no fear though because i'm a believer!!

The whole concept behind my collection for this year was the opposition of the commercial aesthetic based tribal trend...okay so you must be like WHATTTT?? in lame man terms i find the current "tribal" trend is purely aesthetic based and has commercialized and cliched culture. Don't get me wrong I'm all for vernacular design and what not BUT DO IT PROPER! So that's what my collections all about...i'm referencing elements of design from various cultures and tying them all together  creating looks that are modern contemporary in silhouette but very post modernist in textile .I LOOOOOVE prints and i say yay to Nigerian batiks and Ankara in fact any traditional cloths I'm so in there.So I mixed my love for that and contemporary fashion and current market trends to create the fashion fusion which results in this years P U M E Z A M K H O N Z A ready to wear Autumn Spring Collection.layer it on dress it up dress it down ..just do you!
 i believe in providing my consumers with pieces that they will use to create they're own personal style..I'm not a fashion dictator i just give people what they need to look they're best!

For visual inspiration behind my collection please follow this link to my Pintrest Page http://pinterest.com/pumeza/insparation-for-my-collection/

Design Philosophy 
Concept Board 
Color Palette
Silhouette Board
From these boards as well as A LOT of trend research  i developed some looks and began the design process.


THE SHOOT:
Woke up at 6am on a Monday Morning to be in studio at 8am...after carrying all those clothes by myself with the whole wolr staring at me walking on campus with what looked like half my wardrobe i managed to get there on time to await the  models for hair and make up...as usual models are always late...who said your immune to the rules just becouse you are thin? SMH...alas everyone arrived and it was time to style and shoot my life away..accesories where provided by my fellow blogger and BFF Puleng Khumalo( follow her blog on http://lovingmissp.blogspot.com/  and hair was Dobne by Zama Keswa Ndzane and make up By Gaynor 

























The design process was indeed long and tedious but at the end things turned out amazing>I for one am certainly not complaining.\

for orders enquiries or anything hit me up on mkhonzapumeza@gmail.com  follow me on twitter @jarboo!

Pumeza Mkhonza XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment